This fully lined suitcase is made of sturdy canvas and designed with rigid sides that maintain shape in use. Finished, it measures 16 inches wide, 12 inches tall, and 5 inches deep. Just the right size for a pint-sized superhero trip to grandma’s, or for Wonder Woman’s night away.
The pdf sewing pattern includes full-sized pattern pieces (excluding rectangles), as well as 16 pages of full color instructions to take you through the project step by step.
This pattern is designed for an adventurous, experienced sewist. Someone who has sewn a few tote bags and purses, but is bored with the same ol’ same old. This project uses zippers, curved seams, piping, and loads of layers. Not to worry though, there are 16 pages of directions and color photos to guide you along the way.
Ready to get started?
In addition to the pattern, you will need these fabrics, notions, and tools….
- 2/3 yard heavyweight canvas (60″ wide, “duck canvas”)
- 1 1/2 yards accent fabric for lining (44″ wide, Quilting cotton)
- 1 1/2 yards heavy duty sew-in stabilizer (20″ wide, Peltex #70)
- 1 1/4 yards woven iron-on interfacing (20″ wide, SF-101 Shape-flex)
- 17″ of 1/2″ elastic
- two 22″ zippers (matching accent fabric)
- 3 yards 5/32″ cording (or pre-made piping)
- thread to match canvas and accent
- medium and heavyweight sewing machine needles
- 2 pieces plastic canvas mesh (11″x18″)
- tapestry needle & scrap yarn
- zipper foot & piping foot
- rotary cutter & straight edge ruler
- glue stick
- wonder tape, or other sew-able double sided adhesive
- The Usual Sewing Implements (temporary marking pen, pins, scissors, rulers, hand-sewing needle, a sewing machine, etc)